If you have no use for your Semesterticket because of …
- A semester abroad
- an internship in a city outside of NRW
- You are severely disabled and can use public transport free of charge anyway
- You already have another type of VRR ticket due to another reason
- you’ve exmatriculated
- You’re taking a vacation semester
you can get the cost for the ticket refunded, fully or partially, depending on how long you can proof having no use for the ticket.
Come by the AStA Offices during our opening hours (Mo-Fr, 10AM-2PM), use the contact form below or send us your documents via Email or the post.
We need the following documents:
- Application for Ticket Refund (german or english) PLEASE also sign if you apply digitally!
- PDFs of the Tickets for the Semesters you’re applying for refund for
- Proof for reason why you have no use for the ticket (Only the above reasons or closely similar once apply!)
As proof we accept among other things: documents from TU University about vacation semesters, studies abroad or internships, documents from your guest university or DAAD proof of staying abroad, letters proving your internship or proving you’ve spend time outside of NRW for your thesis, disability ID, exmatriculation documents or immatriculation after the official semester start due to being waitlisted.
If you exmatriculate from TU Dortmund University to start studies at another University in NRW with a semester ticket, we must have the immatriculation document from your follow up University to refund you the full ticket. Without it, you will only get a partial refund.
Deadlines for Semesterticket refunds are:
- 15th of September for the Summer Semester
- 15th of March for the Winter Semester
If you cannot afford the Semesterticket in its entirety, we also offer the so called “Härtefallausgleich” (Case of Hardship Balance). More Information can be found here.
Under normal circumstances it takes rougly a week for the refunds to be worked on, though it can take longer if there is an exceptionally large amount of applications.
The following file formats will be accepted: pdf, doc, docx, odt, png, jpg, jpeg, gif, tif, tiff.
If a file is larger than 5 MB, please upload them to a cloud service such as https://sciebo.de and insert the link into your text.